Anaïd Nominated for 6 Leo Awards for “The Liquidator”
Anaïd Productions, one of Canada’s leading independent production companies, has received six Leo Award nominations for one of its longest-running television series, The Liquidator, starring the rowdy liquidation guru Jeff Schwarz.
The show’s season three episodes “Armed to the Rafters” and “I’d Bet the Pot” were nominated in several categories including:
- Best Information or Lifestyle Series – Producers: Margaret Mardirossian, Candice Tipton, Keely Booth, Helen Schmidt. Post Producer: Christy Thomas. Audio Producer: Dean McElwain.
- Best Direction in an Information/Lifestyle Series – “Armed to the Rafters”, Mark Lawrence
- Best Cinematography in an Information/Lifestyle Series – “Armed to the Rafters”, Carl Alcock
- Best Screenwriting in an Information/Lifestyle Series – “I’d Bet the Pot”, Jeff Topham, Traci Galbraith, Katie Redburn
- Best Picture Editing in an Information/Lifestyle Series – “Armed to the Rafters”, Chris Bizzocchi
- Best Picture Editing in an Information/Lifestyle Series – I’d Bet the Pot”, Robert Lawrenson
“We truly have the best team of talented professionals who have excelled since we’ve been working on The Liquidator and it’s evident in the quality of our show,” says Margaret Mardirossian, Founder and Executive Producer of Anaïd Productions. “We’ve been producing the highest caliber programs for the last twenty years and we’ll continue to focus on first-rate programming for years to come.”
The Liquidator is currently in production for its upcoming fourth season on OLN. It follows Jeff Schwarz, owner of Burnaby-based Direct Liquidation, as he flies from one jaw-dropping deal to another moving and liquidating some of the most outrageous goods anyone has ever seen. Known for his high-octane and boisterous buying-and-selling skills, viewers are constantly bewildered and entertained by Jeff and his quirky crew of characters.
The Liquidator is produced by Anaïd Productions in association with Rogers Media Inc., with the participation of the Canada Media Fund, Rogers Telefund, and the Province of British Columbia, and with the assistance of the Alberta Media Fund and the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit Program.
The Leo Awards winners in the Information/Lifestyle series categories will be announced on Saturday, May 31st in Vancouver. www.leoawards.com
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
The Liquidator Online http://www.oln.ca/shows/the-liquidator/
Yvonne Chiang, Publicist